Missionaries Serving The People Of Sicily Through The Gospel Of Jesus Christ
Giuseppe was born and raised in Castelbuono Sicily (province of Palermo) in a Catholic family. He went to church only for holidays, baptisms etc. until his First Communion when the Priest told him that he was now a soldier for Christ. He never set foot in the church again because he had no desire to hear about a God who was going to punish him by sending him to hell.
He was afraid of death and he was scared of the Christ that was up on the crucifix. When he was 19, the first two believers that told him about the gospel befriended him. He kept listening to them until he ventured into a small meeting room in his hometown where people there studied the Bible and who could explain it to him.
He became a regular attendee but still had doubts about what the missionaries were teaching. One night, on his way home after getting into a fight with his 2 best friends he decided to find out for himself whether or not what the missionaries were saying was the truth. He found a Bible that his father had brought home from Germany one Christmas and began reading it for himself. The Holy Spirit spoke to his heart and he broke down crying and told God that if He was whom the Bible said he was that he wanted him to take over his life because he couldn’t go on any longer the way he was living.
In a split second God came into his heart and his life was changed. So now what? He asked. He and his 2 buddies decided that they would have to be the ones to tell the others in their town that they had found the truth and thus started his quest to evangelize his countrymen. Two years after he was saved he went to study in Rome at the Italian Bible Institute; 1978-1980… Read More
Italy For Christ And Giuseppe Colessano
Presenting The Gospel of Christ To Sicily in This Generation
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
In cooperation with the local churches and also:
- To preserve fellowship and mutual recognition of all evangelical Christian churches, acknowledging their complete autonomy with regards to internal matters;
- Establish and coordinate the reinforcement of social and religious projects and institutions having as their goals evangelism, instruction and diffusion of the evangelical culture, assistance and charity;
- Encourage the planting of new local churches in Italy;
- Represent ITALY FOR CHRIST and our affiliated organizations to the Italian State and other parallel agencies;
- Entertain and maintain positive relationships with other national and international religious organizations.
September 15 , 10 more baptized in the Mediterranean Sea. The Word was preached. Passerby where asking what was going on, so we shared with the beachgoers . Thank you for praying. Will post more with video too.